Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I'm making a blog because...why?

Becauseeee I'm on an adventure right now that I've never been on before. I think it's worth recording! My love for family history and genealogy work is growing, and I want to share it. I also think that I should continue journaling my life as I grow up - it might be worth something to somebody someday.

For a whole week I'm out here in Omaha, Nebraska. We drive out to Iowa every day trying to solve mysteries! I often think that I'm a myth buster, even though I'm not really doing the same thing at all. I just feel like one, maybe because of my clothing attire:
From top to bottom:
- Hat: $1.50 from the DI
- Ribbon around the hat: free from Marzipan (the sister)
- White, bug-catching blouse: $5 from the DI
- BYU shirt: free at a football game
- Jeans: purchased before the mission, so I have no idea
- Pink, polka-dotted boots: $13 from Plato's Closet (and I plan on selling them back) (and Kelsey and Melodie, don't think that I chose pink - they were the only option!)

Spending $20 for one week. Yayyy!

Whenever we went anywhere, especially in the airport, people questioned our mission.
This is what Ed ^ likes to tell people when they ask us what the donk we are doing, and they get really creeped out I'm sure.

We arrived in Omaha Saturday night and ate at KFC...only the beginning on the whole eating out thing. Goodness I haven't been hungry yet. When we were about to leave, the sky decided to pour rain, like really pour. We were waiting behind the doors as Ed was backing up the car closer to us when a man came inside the doors. I couldn't really understand much that he was saying. But I recognized the smell...why did I recognize it...OH YEAH! I lived in Russia for 15 months, and I smelt the smell of alcohol kazhdi dyen. So my protective, on-the-alert, tough Russian girl instincts kicked in a little bit. But I felt safe - he was not dangerous. He actually decided on the plan that he would open the door while we ran out into the car. He was very nice, and he waved goodbye to us as we drove off. Then we got to the Schoff's house! He is the Winter Quarters Temple President, and his wife is the Matron, obviously. They are the sweetest, funniest people ever! We went to church on Sunday in Council Bluffs, Iowa. I kept a program, because really? History! Pioneers! I think I'm more excited about the fact that I'm excited about it...I've never really liked history or understood it. And now I'm starting to get it. It's klasno.


No comments:

Post a Comment